Header tag

Friday 15 October 2010

Lack of practice leads to poor playing

Well, it must be said that a lack of practice at Chess, and having your mind on other things, really does diminish your ability to play Chess.  I say that, dear reader, about you, knowing that it actually applies to me.  My Kasparov Chess computer, which I can beat at Level 6 at my best, is currently dealing me an education in Chess at just Level 4.  No, I wouldn't rank myself a beginner, I've been playing this game for over 20 years, but at the moment I feel a bit like a starter.

So, if you want to improve your Chess, the best thing you can do is at least practise occasionally, and more importantly, learn from your mistakes (and your successes too - I'll tell you when I next get one!).

No comments:

Post a Comment